Tzatziki Sauce #1

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Have you had it? My favorite food is Mediterranean and if you have been to any Mediterranean restaurant I am certain you have had Tzatziki sauce. It is a yummy yogurt based sauce that you can dip raw or grilled veggies in, grilled meats in, or even use it as a salad dressing or sandwich sauce. I plan on making it a staple in my kitchen as it is so refreshing and so versatile. You can put it on just about anything and I am in the search of the perfect Yzatziki Sauce recipe. This was my first attempt and the recipe was a very easy and basic. I found on allrecipes.com.  Here is what's in it... 

16 oz Plain Yogurt 
2 Cucumbers, peeled and diced
2T olive oil
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1T chopped fresh dill (I used freeze dried Dill) which can be found in the refrigerated herb section of your grocery store.
Salt and pepper to taste 
3 cloves of garlic, chopped.


This is where it is so easy...you throw it all into a blender ( I have a VitaMix, so I just put everything in whole. I peeled the cucumbers, but just halved them) and blend until well blended, cover and put in the fridge for an hour. All the flavors come together and make a delicious sauce. My babies love it too! I just finished dipping some snap peas in it. It is a great substitute for anything you normally used that is mayonnaise based like ranch. So there was my first recipe. I plan on making many more and will keep you posted on how I like them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger