Catching up: Babies first birthday party

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Wow ya'll I am obviously super behind seeing that the babies are now 14 months and we had their party back in July when they were just 11 months. I think I might have LOST MY MIND when I decided to throw a party while traveling in a different city. It seemed like a great idea at the time, and it was a precious day full of joy and couldn't have gone better but I wouldn't have said that the night before the party when I was pulling my hair out trying to get everything prepped and perfect. We made two visits back to Kentucky this summer, one in June and one in July. The babies turned one in August and I thought it would be great to celebrate while we were home in July so all of their family and friends back home could celebrate with us. While we were home in June, I bought a bunch of stuff and kept it at my parents house so that when we came back the next month, it would all be there and I would have a full week to "prep" for the party. Well... little did I know my parents would close on their house the week of the party. It was madness. I am a perfectionist and wanted everything to be perfect, I know it is silly, but it is just my nature. I had to just let go, and go with the flow and had a good cry with my sisters the night before as we were setting up for the party. I don't get stressed easily but managing two little ones in a house that was being packed up while planning for a huge party was a little more than I could take. Thankful for precious family and the holy spirit to carry me through! With all that being said, it was a joyful day celebrating our joyful ones. The party's theme was "sweet 1's" having sweets and candy be the theme for our sweet ones. I also did everything chevron for our pattern so by the end of buying party supplies it really almost ended up being a chevron party. It was so fun and I so enjoyed throwing the party! My sister in law took pictures while I was hosting and lots of people instagramed the day so here is what we have...



































  









Thank you for all who helped with the party and more importantly all who came to celebrate our most precious blessings' first year of life!

2 comments:

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger