House Tour: Laundry Room

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

SO after 13 months of living in our home I finally have the first room 100% complete! It feels great! Too bad it is quite possibly the least exciting room... the laundry room. I am on a tight budget to decorate this place so I had to try to work with what I had. I went to Homerama Louisville 2013 and was so excited to see my VERY FAVORITE home store in Louisville listed as one of the designers. The store is Tassles, and they decorated an entire house in Homerama which you can see here. They really can do NO wrong in my eye. I always love their bold color choices, bold patterns and how they pull everything together perfectly with the most southern charm. You should check their facebook page out. They are pricey but stunning. I fell in love with the coral/tangerine color that they had in their kitchen so I called and got the paint color and used it in my laundry room. It was Benjamin Moore color and while I can't for the life of me remember the name, I am on the hunt to find it! I have lots of coral in my living room which is more of a pinky coral and this laundry room is a very orange coral but I love it! Here is a break down and transformation of the space as well as a source list..


Here is the beautiful orange paint color I fell in love with in Louisville... 



Here is our Laundry room before...


I tried a few swatches that were all FAILS...







And after...


Our laundry room is pretty much a passthrough to our garage. Its just a little larger than a closet. The door you are looking at (above) leads to our garage and the doorway I am standing in taking the photo leads to a small hallway where our master bedroom and half bath are located that leads into our family room. You have just enough room to open the doors on either end and that is it, but I am SO thankful for this wonderful space.









 Taken from the entry to our master bedroom with our gray half bath next door. 


Above: View from our garage.


The door to the right is a coat closet and the door straight ahead is our bedroom. If you walk down the little hallway to the left you would walk right into our living room. 

Sources:
Paint color: Ben Moore >>>>????? I will post asap

Washer and Dryer: VERY GENEROUS house warming gift from my sweet parents. They are these GE (my dad works for G.E.)

Door knob: Replaced old brass with Oil Rubbed Bronze from Lowes.

Baskets above shelf. HomeGoods

Clock: BB&B wedding gift from 2008

Church print over dryer: One Luke's best friends and college room mate hired a photographer to take a shot of the place we got engaged (and old church in Mount Adams that overlooked Cincinnati) and he had it custom framed as our wedding gift. (yes he is that awesome and thoughtful)

Rabbit Topiary: A momentum taken from my late brother in law and my sister in law's home in Louisville. VERY special to me. I had always loved it and it always reminds me of fond times in their home. Orginally Jacobson's. Do ya'll remember that store? 

Black Chalkboard shelf: Target from 2008, a wedding gift

I love that you're my sister block: Given to my by my sister in law, Ash.

Kentucky tag: Again, a care package from my gorgeous sister.

Hardware on cabinets: Originally no hardware present, so I bought these knobs at Hobby Lobby.

Chandelier: Ballard Designs. Purchased at the outlet store when I lived 15 mins away in Cincinnati. There was originally a HIDEOUS cheap looking "ball" light that we replaced this with.

Burlap shades: Ballard Designs.

Hopefully I will be posting more complete rooms in the near future. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The orange looks so cool and chic on the laundry room walls and those oil rubbed bronze are classy alternatives. However, what really got my attention is the light fixtures. They are just so fabulous! Anyway, I like how you transformed the room into such a fun place, where you can enjoy the roominess while doing laundry. Hahaha! Thank you so much for sharing! I hope all your future projects are met with equal success!

    Lynn Williamson @ DAL Builders

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger